Tuesday, December 23, 2014

In memoriam Joe Cocker (1944-2014)

Rest in peace, Mr Joe Cocker. Your songs were the first ones I was listening to when I was a kid. Everyone else at my age was listening to some music for kids, but I've listened to your songs; my parents bought your Best of collection in 1993, and they had already Night calls (1990). I didn't even know what you are singing in songs like Unchain my heart and You can leave your hat on, but I was shoutingly singing along with you.

You are great inspiration for me, and a proof that you don't have to produce a pretty sound to mesmerize your audience. You always stayed with the lyrics and kept on speaking through your entire performance. It's a pity I won't ever be able to listen live anymore.

The world has lost a warm hearted, special and excellent artist. Now I understand somehow what you're singing about in Hymn for my soul, therefore let me salute to you with this song of yours:


No comments:

Post a Comment